C O L O S S I A N S
We are starting a new series at our morning service from May through to July in the book of Colossians, looking at how we can learn to become more like Jesus.
Paul’s letter to the Colossians is perhaps the best overall statement on the spiritual formation of the disciple in the New Testament. (Dallas Willard)
Paul wrote the book of Colossians, giving us the single most concentrated teaching on the theology of “Christ.” Jesus is the answer for everything. He is supreme. He is sufficient. He is the one who has saved us from sin and changed us into new, living creatures. We have a new life because of Him. Paul wrote this book to make sure the church had a clear view of who Jesus is because that would lead to an overflow of heartfelt obedience to Christ, which would influence their region and ultimately the world for His glory.
- Becoming more like Jesus – Introduction & Colossians 1:1-14
- The becoming more like Jesus while understanding the uniqueness of Christ – Colossians 1:15-23
- Ministers of the mystery – Colossians 1:24-2:5
- God is still at work in us – Colossians 2:6-15
- Substance over shadows – Colossians 2:16-23
- The character of the true team – Colossians 3:1-15
- Interacting well with others – Colossians 3:13-4:1
- The spread of the Gospel & its diversity – Colossians 4:2-18
*Small Groups run on alternate Sunday evenings.